Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Reading | Week of June 19

Hello again! Semi-regular blogging? I hardly know what to do with myself!

The spring academic term ended today, so the past week has been filled to the brim with grading tasks. I have a couple of weeks off before the summer term kicks up, so you'd better believe I'm going to take every opportunity to enjoy it.

I'm still reading the same books I'd started last week.

 

I was originally reading My Cousin Rachel the fastest, but I backed off a touch to let my co-readers catch up a bit. I'd already read to Chapter 8 last year, and now I'm up to Chapter 18 or 19. It's really good, so I'm excited to get back to it. 

Last night I got REALLY hooked on No Good Duke Goes Unpunished. I just love MacLean's writing, specifically the tension she creates between the main characters. 


In unrelated-to-books news, I finished my first cross stitch project! I attempted one when I was 8 years old or something, but I haven't crossed a stitch since then. My mom picked this pattern up for cheap on a lark, and I decided to give it a go. I see infinite screw-ups, and the framing is pretty terrible, but I'm satisfied for my first effort. 

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by The Book Date




11 comments:

  1. No one else will notice the screw-ups in your cross stitch - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owl is adorable. A flaw or two is good luck. Summer vacation has begun and so has the extreme heat. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spring term ends in JUNE?! Damn.

    Your owl cross stitch is adorable. The last time I attempted cross stitch I literally threw it across the room, so I admire anyone with patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross stitching is the best! I did it a lot growing up and rededicated myself a few years ago. It elps me stay awake when I attempt to watch movies with my husband, and I think it really lowers my blood pressure on bad days. I've made a few super cute Gilmore Girls and Harry Potter gifts for some avid fans. And seriously- I think once you get a few colors in there and a few hundred stitches no one can notice mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to see you back semi-regularly again! Happy end of spring term!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the cross-stitch! I haven't done it since I was a kid, either, but I'm in this feminist craft group on Facebook and some of their stuff reallllly makes me want to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that X-stitch is cute and it looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool you kept your project and finished it! Gives me hope that I will one day finish all my unfinished projects - haha! Hope you continue to enjoy My Cousin Rachel. Will you go see the movie? I really want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been cross-stitching off and on since I was ten. It fell by the wayside when the kids were younger, but I have been picking it up more regularly this past year. Unlike coloring, I find it calming. Plus, it gives me something to do when watching TV. It's a win-win in my book! I hope you share more of your projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, you're cross-stitching, that's awesome! I love cross-stitching, and Etsy has tons of patterns that you can buy for a very reasonable sum. I made a little cross-stitch Avengers pillow for my brother-in-law a few years ago! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik